I have been wanting to play around with airbrushing my alcohol ink markers (Spectrum Noir brand) on clear transparency, so I thought I’d give it a go today. I know these two elements don’t play well together sometimes, but I thought I’d see what kind of results I could get with it. I also had an idea to color in behind some of the pieces in the scene with an opaque white ink (used Faber Castell Stamper’s Big White Pen) to make them pop back out. Wasn’t sure if it would work or not, but here are my results.
I began by stamping my scene on the transparency with Stazon Jet Black ink. First I stamped the deer, then I masked the deer and stamped the rocks. After that I masked both the rocks and the deer and stamped the snow hills in the background.
With my scene ready to go, I grabbed my eBrush airbrush system by Craftwell and proceeded to airbrush my picture, each time masking off areas that
I didn’t want affected by overspray.
With my scene fully colored, it was time to add the opaque white on the back side of the transparency. I decided to put it behind the deer, rocks and snow.
Here is what it looked like placed on top of a bluish cardstock
I played with a few different colors for an undercolor of cardstock and ended up choosing a mauve colored pearlescent cardstock. I used my Xyron machine to apply a layer of adhesive over the entire back of the transparency and adhered it to the cardstock.
The end result looks like this:
Thanks for checking out my latest project!